Under colonial rule, Koreans lost their land, autonomy and identity. Despite deep suffering, the Korean people held onto a dream for independence and envisioned an enlightened nation based on the ancient Korean philosophy Hongik Ingan to “broadly benefit all humanity,” articulated in a Declaration of Independence on March 1, 1919. The spirit of the March First Independence Movement inspired international support for the Korean people as seen through examples like Dr. Frank Schofield. Read more about the Spirit of the Korean March 1st Movement.
- Dr. Hyun Jin Preston Moon’s Keynote Address at the Global Peace Convention 2023 Main Plenary
- The Korea Times: Dr. Hyun Jin Preston Moon on Korean Youth and Unification [Interview]
- In the Media: The Korea Times covers the Global Peace Youth Festival in Manila, Philippines
- Munhwa Ilbo: Grassroots unification movement to contribute to global peace
- The new Cold War with Russia and China will accelerate the movement for unification – The Korea Economic Daily